Back in the saddle


Well, the administrative struggles are over, and we are both working- Luke has been busy studying for his upcoming qualification exam for the Ph.D program and I have returned to the world of biology... What a welcome change from the world of kids-eat-free tuesdays... Here's some pictures of our buildings... One much much cooler than the other... (IST, Luke's building, is on the top. South Frear, my building, is on the bottom.)
My research this year will be dealing with a protein called cfd1, which is important in iron regulation in the body... My project will be to characterize how this protein interacts with other proteins to regulate iron, and keep the body free from iron-deficiency or iron-overload diseases... Among these diseases are Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, which have only recently been looked at from an iron-overload perspective... And I thought I wouldn't be able to do Alzheimer's research anymore... :)
In the non-work areas of our lives, Luke and I have been working on our cooking skills... We recently bought a real panini press (much better than using the George Foreman grill) and a 4" thick chop block... We went to a YoungLife committee meeting last week, and hopefully we can start getting involved in the ministry here soon...
Dad, Sue, Kristen Grace, and Matt are coming out to visit us tomorrow for the weekend- we're so excited to see them!
Subscribe by RSS