Where do the days go?


My dad always told me that the older I got, the faster time would seem. I never really believed him until now... Every Sunday I find myself wondering how it's newspaper coupon day already.

But unlike any time before, I'm finding myself really enjoying my days and weeks... I don't have any looming deadlines, so I'm not constantly wishing that time would slow down... Likewise, I'm not gearing up for anything big in the future (like how I felt a year ago), so I'm not constantly wishing that the days would go by faster... I can finally really enjoy each morning at work, each afternoon at State High, and each night with the YoungLife folks and with Luke.

This past week was a fun one... On Halloween, I lead Campaigners (the YoungLife bible study) for the first time here in State College- it's really nice to feel part of the group, and really begin to build relationships with the kids here. Tuesday was YoungLife club, Wednesday and Thursday were big work days here at the lab, Friday was YoungLife leadership and State High Girls' Night at our house. (Luke elected to stay upstairs, but came down momentarily for hot pretzels...) Saturday we tailgated before the PSU/Wisconsin game, and Sunday we got things ready for our State High Team Dinner tonight.

As requested by my dad, I'm going to try to snap some pictures of some YoungLife goings-on this week- especially of our Fall Weekend up at Lake Champion in NY this coming weekend. I'll post them as soon as I get them!

0 comments: