7 and 1/2 cents...

Today is an exciting day in the St.Clair household. Today, we moved up in the financial world.
By $36/month.
Yes, folks, today I went in to sign my research staff reappointment contract, and found a number on the salary line that wasn't there last year.
So $36/month = $9/week = $1.80/day = $0.225/hour
Quite a bit better than those Pajama Game folks were singing about.
"Twenty two and a half cents doesn't buy a heck of a lot,
Twenty two and a half cents doesn't buy a thing,
But give it to me every hour, forty hours every week,
That's enough for me to be livin' like a king!
I figured it out, I figured it out,
With a pencil and a pad I figured it out,
Only 5 years from today, only 5 years from today,
I can see it, like a vision...
Only 5 years from today!
Let's see...
That's 22 and a half cents every hour times 40 hours every week
times 52 weeks times five years...
Gasp! $2340!
That's enough for me to buy:
Another "racing orange" bike, a pair of Merrells for a hike,
a GPS for our new car, drinks for my friends at a nice bar,
another set of wheels for Luke, eat Pirolines until I puke,
an iPod Nano with Nike shoes, a cell phone that I'd probably lose,
So many options, which ones will we choose?
So! Although!
Twenty two and a half cents doesn't buy a heck of a lot,
Twenty two and a half cents doesn't buy a thing,
Give it to me every hour, forty hours every week,
That's enough for me to be livin' like a king!"
Subscribe by RSS