Home Sweet Home

Luke and the little girl and I are in the process of looking for a house to buy here in Washington. Since we've been married, we've lived in quite a few places together.

After we got married in 2005, I moved into Luke's apartment in Champaign, Illinois. The rent was crazy cheap, and the fiesta music across the way was crazy bad.












In August of 2005, we moved to State College, PA, and rented this cute little townhouse. We brought our first kitten home to this house, parked our first-bought-car in front of this house, and met our best of friends while we lived at this house.



















In 2007, we moved a few miles away and rented a house that I will love forever. It was built in the 1860s, and even though it had expensive oil heat and a scary basement, I loved coming home to this house. Plus, it had a screened in back porch that our kittens will probably never forget.


























In 2008, we moved to Seattle, and Amazon.com put us up for a month in a super plush 15th floor apartment downtown. It was the jam. It was also the place that I woke Luke up at 4:30 in the morning to tell him that we were pregnant.















And as I write this last section, I'm holding the sweetest little girl on my lap. This apartment has some pretty great memories, but we're ready for a place of our own... a place where we can paint a bedroom pink and splash in a kiddie pool in the backyard. :)

0 comments: