The Sweet Pea House

In less than a month, we're moving. To our own house. I'll miss Green Lake for sure, and this house will always be where we brought our first baby home to. But I can't help but be really stoked for our new house. Our own house where we can paint walls and jump around on the floors and not hear every one of our neighbors' conversations. Here's what I'm excited about.

1. The stove. It's a Jenn-Air somethin' special, and it is awesome. I realize that we could have bought a cheaper house and bought the stove to put in it, but I love this house. And the stove.

2. The backyard. At our Pine Grove Mills house, we had a great backyard, but it was about 100 feet from a busy noisy road, so we never sat out there. But our Sweet Pea house is on a quiet cul-de-sac with a big beautiful yard, with a tiny hill great for teaching Leah to ski. Peace out, condo cops.

3. The garage. Our current garage is small, and has multiple personality disorder. It thinks that it is a christmas-things storage area, a bike workshop, a bike storage area, an indoor-bike training facility, a things-that-leah-can't-use-yet-but-i-decided-we-needed-before-she-was-born storage area, a janitor's closet, Carrie Bradshaw's shoe closet, and many other personalities that I'm sure Luke knows and does not love.

4. No rules. Our BFFs dog Penny can come over and play and nobody can tell me no. Well, Reilly might.

5. 2 pantries. 'Nuf said.

6. Master bathroom. The me in 3 years is excited about this, when the other bathroom is full of water toys in the tub and crest sparkle toothpaste on the mirror.

7. The stove. Still. I just remembered it again and I'm still stoked.

8. The laundry room. Loads of fun. But seriously, it's huge and wonderful. (twss.)

9. The guest room. We've never had one of these, and I think it's about time to treat our guests to more than an air-mattress crammed between a crib and two smelly litter boxes.

10. Our driveway. We've never had a driveway before, and I'm excited for there to be a four-square court drawn on it.

0 comments: