Susan.

For the last 3 years, Luke and I have been reading the fat cyclist blog, chronicling the daily grind of an overweight guy, Elden "Fatty" Nelson, trying to lose weight by cycling. We read as he switched from an msn spaces blog to his own private, sponsored blog. In 2007, we read as his wife Susan found out that her breast cancer that she had battled in 2004 was back, metastasized. Since then, we've been reading everyday about Susan's ups and downs, and the amazing ways that people have been loving them. As I'm sitting here, I'm trying to think of a "most amazing" example, and I can't, because there are too many. So many of Luke's and my dinner conversations have started with "Did you read fat cyclist today? Wasn't that amazing?"

Last night while I was putting Leah to bed, Luke came up to let me know that Susan had passed away that evening. And I cried like it was a great friend of ours.

Give it a read. Some pretty amazing stuff there.

http://www.fatcyclist.com

0 comments: