Firsts...


Last weekend, we took a ton of kids to Lake Champion, a YoungLife camp in New York... it encompassed a lot of 'firsts' for me- My first time on a fall weekend, my first time at Lake Champion, and my first time taking State College kids to a YoungLife camp... It was very short (we were gone less than 48 hours,) but it was pretty incredible. I shared some pretty cool moments with my cabin of 10 State College High School girls... we ran (very briefly) into a very cold lake, laid mattresses down the stairs for 'stair sledding,' ate yummy meals together, and had great talks about life, family, friends, and God... I had the incredible opportunity to watch a few girls cry in excitement about a friend committing her life to Christ, pray for each other, and leave Lake Champion with some new hope for their lives...

YoungLife is a pretty incredible ministry... I feel so lucky to be even just a small part of it.

0 comments: