Surprise Visitor



It was just a normal evening... I got home from work, opened the front door, set my things down and tiptoed through the living room (so that I could limit the mess from my wet shoes) to the kitchen to grab the mail key. As I turned around, I noticed something small run through the still open-for-just-a-second door and up the stairs to our second floor. I ran to the foot of the stairs to see a black and white cat run into our bedroom...

My first thought was "Ooooh! Cat! I love cats!"
My second thought was "Uh oh! Cat! We can't have a cat in here!"

So I ran downstairs to look for something that a cat would eat. The only thing that our refrigerator could provide was some very spicy Jalapeno Jack cheese... At $7.99/lb, it's not exactly the kind of kibbles and bits that I was looking for, but it was my only hope. I went back to the foot of the stairs and made that weird sound that people always make when they want a cat to come by them. The cat saw me, saw the cheese, and started making its way down the stairs... as I backed slowly towards the door, I think it realized that I was trying to trick it, and it went back up the stairs. It was only a second or two before it realized the huge mistake it was making by not going after the cheese... It came towards me... I opened the door slowly... put the cheese on the front porch... the cat came out... I started to close the door...

And it ran inside and jumped onto our couch... After about 5 minutes of coaxing with more of our priceless Jalapeno Jack cheese, I finally got the cat outside and the door closed... A job well done, if you ask me...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story Jen! Thanks for sharing. All that talk about Jalapeno Jack cheese made me hungry. - Love Dad