WSCMR-6

Here we go...
Gilmore Girls Season 4, Disk 5. The 5th disk of each season has its pros and cons... On one hand, the episodes are usually action packed, and the girls usually end up with the men that they were crushing on for the first 4 disks of the season... So that's good. But on the other hand, there are only 2 episodes instead of 4 on the the 5th disk of each season, which is very sad. To make matters worse, both of the girls DO end up with their season 4 crushes, but Rory makes a very very very bad decision... We're still upset about it. C+
The Aviator. Now don't get me wrong... I'm a really big fan of old-timey movies, and exciting biographical stories... But this one was really screwed up. The first like 16 hours of the movie were exciting - but as Howard Hughes, (played by Leo DeCaprio) slowly went crazier, the movie took a depressing turn. D
The Notebook. I actually had no big desire to watch this movie... But it definitely surprised me... I really loved the story, and I think Rachel McAdams is the cutest ever... The ending; however, was a little too depressing for me... If it would have ended 15 minutes earlier, it probably would have made my top 5. B+
Jurassic Park III. Sometimes Luke picks great movies that I never even knew that I wanted to watch... And sometimes he picks the trequel of a movie that wasn't that great to begin with. This was a case for the latter. B (Because while I was watching it, Luke made me a really great fro-yo sundae. He's the best.)
The Island. So, so fun. I love Scarlett Johansen, and I love action movies that don't have too much blood. This had both. I would have loved to have seen a little more science and less fiction, but I'll take what I can get. A
The Polar Express. I'll be honest. The true-to-life animation really freaked me out when I saw the preview for this movie a while back... but once I got used to it, it was a pretty fun movie... B+ (Because Luke and I remembered that the two awards for children's books are the Newberry and the Caldecott... why are things like that and Eli Whitney so engrained in everybody's heads? Weird.)
Subscribe by RSS