Super-Hyper-St.Clair-Movie-Review

Yikes. No excuse, no excuse.
Well, we are now a 2-at-a-time Netflix household... I used to have my own queue, but once we reached the end of Gilmore Girls Season 5, I began picking TV Series like Punky Brewster, Clarissa Explains it All, "Martha's Baking Favorites". Needless to say, one morning I woke up and my queue had magically disappeared.
Here's a rundown of what we've been watching, in no particular order.
The Office, Season 1. Seriously, when NBC says a show is Must-See-TV, they're not kidding. There's only 6 episodes in the first season, but the DVD includes over an hour of deleted scenes that are as funny as the rest of the show. I'm so so so excited for Season 2. A++++
Punky Brewster, Season 1. What was I thinking as a 6-year-old? This was one of the saddest shows I've ever watched. Punky's dad takes off, her mom leaves her at a shopping mall... forever... Punky lives alone in an abandoned apartment, only to be taken in by a sort-of creepy older man, Henry. Once she and Henry decide that they can't live without each other, Punky gets taken away to an orphanage. It's like Annie, only really bad. D-
Flightplan. This was really, really cool. I don't want to give away anything, so just watch it, and we can talk about it when you're done. A
Back to the Future, Parts 1 & 2. We just bought the set of all three from amazon.com for $16.98. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006AL1E/qid=1144694173/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-8247669-1138552?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130 Seriously, amazon.com is the best. If you're in the market for a cell phone make sure you check there first. They'll pay YOU to order a cell phone from them. Luke and I have been buying phones from them for years, but we can't seem to convince anyone else to do the same. But anyway, Back to the Future was great. We'll be watching Part 3 tonight. A
Without Limits. One of the many Prefontaine movies, and the first that I've seen... I didn't know his story going into it, and I think that made it even better... I laughed, I cried. A+
Ran. I played my "Get out of a seemingly-weird-movie-that-Luke-rented" card on this one. After watching it, he agreed that I probably wouldn't have liked it. Read the summary, and watch at your own risk. No rating.
Good Night and Good Luck. Ack... Probably a really good, thought-provoking movie. I thought it was awful. We watched it with our married friends... Luke and Gregg loved it, Allison and I fell asleep. That's why I love Allison. D for all black-and-white filmography. It reminded me of the original Manchurian Candidate.
Hell on Wheels. When Luke was watching this movie (It's about Tour de France guys), I asked him what it was called, and he changed the subject without telling me. But I figured it out. I didn't watch all of it, but it looked pretty cool... except for the crashes - those scare me. B+
Stargate Atlantis, Season 1 Disk 1. I love Stargate SG-1. A lot. A whole lot... but this disappointed me a bit... The writers developed a new enemy for the new Stargate crew that seem a lot more like Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters than Stargate characters. But it's still Stargate. A-
Collateral. I really don't like Tom Cruise... or violent movies. This was both. D.
Subscribe by RSS