My Best Friend's Wedding

My best friend in the whole world (besides my husband, of course) is getting married.
When we were in grade school, we formed clubs. Not cliques, mind you, where you sort of subtly exclude other girls... Forming clubs was a whole different deal. I was always the president and Margie was always the vice president (I still feel badly about that, by the way.)We'd talk it up with the other 5 girls in our grade (St.Joes's was REALLY small) and let them know that they could be in our club if they wanted to - all they needed to do was meet us on the blacktop during recess.
Then came the initiation rites.
Every girl who wanted to be a part of the YumYum Club, the Pink Stripers (not strippers) Club, and the not-so-unique BabySitters Club had to answer a set of questions. For the sake of the privacy of the group (and my pride), I won't include them all:
1. Who do you like?
2. Would you hug them?
3. Would you kiss them?
4. Would you marry them?
Now, keep in mind that there were 14 kids in our class... 7 girls, 7 boys. It would have been really easy to just pair off... But Margie and I always picked the same boy to crush on.
I'm glad neither one of us ended up with that guy. We both did much, much better.
Best Wishes, future Mr. and Mrs. Schneider.
Subscribe by RSS