My Grandma


Today I had a rice cake with peanut butter for my afternoon work snack. I thought of my Grandma Perek, since she introduced me to that wonderful delicacy, among other treats which still rank among my favorite foods:



-liversausage on saltines, best eaten while under a hairdryer
-Oscar Meyer bologna on white bread, cut in squares, best eaten while watching "I Love Lucy"
-Wheat Thins
-"Macabioni" and Cheese (with and without cauliflower)
-Hostess DingDongs, Twinkies, and HoHos.
-Haagen-Daaz Strawberry Ice Cream
-HomeMade Polish Sausage
-Ham Eggs

As a side note, I used to tell my Grandma that my dad only gave me bread and water at home... But I think she would have given me all those treats anyway.

My Grandma is the best.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy reading the latest on your blog. Especially enjoyed your interview with Kristen. Your comments about me were over the top!! The women at the beauty shop still ask about you and talk about how good you were at "coloring and drawing" and how well behaved you were. "She's my granddaughter" is my reply. Thanks for remembering!!
Love you!