Why Country Songs Are So Great - Part 1


Today I bring you proof as to why country songs are so great. In this song, "Cheatin'," by Sara Evans, a woman is trying to explain to her ex-husband why he shouldn't have cheated on her. Now, any woman could have just yelled random things, like "I'm so mad at you... you're my worst friend..., etc." but this particular woman chooses to rhyme words with "cheatin'," to hammer her point home. Some awe-inspiring examples:

"You say your every day
Is a bad dream that keeps repeatin'
Maybe you should've thought about that
When you were cheatin'"

"How do you like that paper plate, and those pork-n-beans you're eatin'
Maybe you should've thought about that
When you were cheatin'"

"You've done your sowing, now you can do the reaping
Maybe you should've thought about that
When you were cheatin'"

I know this one isn't a "cheatin'" rhyme, but I had to include it:
"How do you like that furnished room, the bed, the chair, the table
The TV picture comes and goes, too bad you don't have cable"

Stay tuned for Part 2 of "Why Country Songs Are So Great."

0 comments: