5 years and 3 days


5 years and 3 days ago, I met my husband.

I'd like to take this time to thank some people that made that meeting possible:

1. Ross - for talking me into going to U of I, and let me know that if I put "substance free" as a preference on my housing application, that I'd get to live in Snyder.

2. My dad - for overnighting my U of I application for me, so that it arrived in Champaign just barely on time. Yikes.

3. Duke University - for giving Luke such bad allergies that he didn't want to go there.

4. The Campus Honors Program - for the scholarship that allowed Luke's parents to feel a little better about sending him to an out-of-state school.

5. Luke's mom - for encouraging him to go to U of I, even though Ohio State would have been a way shorter drive.

6. The Academy - Everyone always thanks them, and I want to as well.

7. Snyder Residence Halls - for providing the Snyder Tunnels, a place to do your laundry, play ping pong, and meet your future husband.

8. The 7 Minute Lull - enough said.

And last but assuredly not least,
9. My stepmom - for buying me the obviously alluring sweatpants I was wearing that evening.

0 comments: