It's good enough for me.


It feels really nice when people know you well enough to know very specific things that you like... Like when someone goes on a trip and sees a limited-edition Cincinnati Reds bobblehead and knows that you are somewhat obsessed with Reds bobbleheads and either tells you about it, or buys it for you... Or if someone hears your favorite song from 7th grade on the radio and calls you to play it over the phone to you... Or if someone sees a perfectly green jacket in a store and calls you to tell you that it would be perfect for you... It just feels wonderful to be known, and to be loved.

Yesterday, I walked into our departmental open house exhibit, and someone from across the room ran towards me yelling - "Jen! They have cookies! And your favorite ones too - you know - the ones you were talking about last week at that talk..."

During the rest of the afternoon, another girl asked me if I saw the cookies, especially the ones that are my favorite, one girl brought some cookies directly over to me, and my advisor told me that all of the cookies were gone, and asked me if I had anything to do with it.

Some people are best known for their love of baseball, love of bobbleheads, love of green, love of nature... Apparently, I am best known for my undying love of cookies.

0 comments: