Following Directions

Last night, I was doing an experiment at work. I started it early in the morning so that it would be done at 4:00, the time I needed to get home for our weekly YoungLife dinner. Before I could leave it for the night, I needed to do "A" when it reached 0.3, and "B" when it reached 0.6... At 4:00, it was at 0.1. I gave it another 15 minutes, which obviously didn't help much at all... I ran the data, and realized that at the rate it was at, it wouldn't be at .3 for another hour or so. I didn't have another hour to wait.

So I just did "A" and "B" at 0.1 and went home, sad that the experiment would obviously not work, and that I wasted an entire day when I could have been at home watching Stargate and eating cookies. (By the way, I made my first-ever batch of not-awful cookies last week.)

I got in this morning, checked the data, and.. it still worked. I'm never following directions again. :)

0 comments: