Then


In nine days, I'll be heading to Chicago for Christmas... I have a small project to get done at work before then, and a ton of Christmas preparations... I find myself frequently saying "Once I get ___ done, then I'll be good." This past weekend, I was preparing for our last YoungLife dinner of the semester, and my last Campaigners lesson... And all through the preparations, I thought, "Once Monday night is over, I'll be great. I can focus on the other things that I need to get done." But now that Monday night is over, all I can think about is next Wednesday night, thinking "If I can just get to Wednesday night, I'll be good. I'll be done with everything, and I'll feel great." But after being a full-fledged married adult for almost 2 years, I know better... There will always be a "next wednesday" that I'm trying to get to, or trying to get past. I wonder what my life would look like if I could just focus on the todays instead of the next Wednesdays? I bet Mondays and Tuesdays would be pretty okay if I gave them a chance.

0 comments: