Little Saint Nick

Today, December 6, is St.Nicholas Day... Last night, kids all around the world (or at least in my parents' house) put out their shoes for St.Nick to fill with some Pre-Christmas goodies... When I was younger, St.Nicholas Day always seemed to creep up on me. I had my chocolate-filled Advent calendar counting down the days until Christmas, but always seemed to forget about the first wonderful day of gifts on December 6 until the day before. When I was 6, I forced myself to take a nap before dinner to see if I could trick St.Nick into visiting me early. It didn't work.

Last night, I was a little worried that St.Nick might not find us in State College... But he did. He brought me a sweet new hat for cycling and all-around fun, and brought Luke a bike pump, some Clif Shot Bloks, Whoppers, and a box of Honey Smacks. It was a pretty great morning.

In other news, I downloaded some sweet Christmas Answer Tones from Cingular for your listening pleasure... So if you have my cell phone number, give me a ring, listen to a random selection of Mariah Carey Christmas, Feliz Navidad, or Ol' Blue Eyes (call 3 times and hear all 3!), and leave me some glad Christmas voicemail tidings.

This post was sponsored by Bjorn, and the letter Q.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen -
Yes, the ole nap trick you tried when you were six had me goin' for just a second.

I love you and glad you enjoyed the day...

ST NICK