Alligator dog has nothing to do with this post.


I've been wearing GOP Red since I was in Pull-Ups, but yesterday I considered switching sides.

It all started early yesterday morning. Our alarm went off, and as usual I demanded that Luke hit the snooze button a few times. By the time I finally got out of bed, I only had 20 minutes to do the getting-readying that normally takes twice that. We arrived at church 7 minutes late to find an empty parking lot (which is weird, even for this 8am service.) As I was trying to jump start my only-awake-for-20-minutes brain to figure out where the aliens had taken all of the old people that normally attend our service, Luke groaned "It's 7:07, not 8:07."

We put our limited brain power together to remember that daylight savings time was supposed to have started the night before, but our buddy GW decided that 2 weeks earlier sounded better. So two weeks ago, we "sprung ahead" our alarm clock by one hour, and on Saturday night, our "smart clock" sprung itself ahead by one hour thinking that it was the start of daylight savings.

So, thanks President Bush, for stealing not one, but TWO hours of sleep from me this spring. I won't be voting for you in 2008, even if you figure out a way to run for a third term. We're done.

P.S. I miss you, Reagan. If you figure out a way to run for a third term, I'll be really creeped out... but I'll totally vote for you.

0 comments: