Ross lost his rental car in a Chili's parking lot.


Ross was in Pittsburgh this week doing something with computers, dongles, Australians, and steel cutters (that's his job). He drove all the way from Pittsburgh to Johnstown AND battled the streets of downtown Johnstown just to have dinner with us. After living within a block of each other in high school and in college, it's weird and very sad seeing him only once or twice a year now. So here, in no particular order, are ten reasons why Ross is great:

1. He jumped over my backyard fence and ran through a yard with a vicious dog, in order to get Stratego from his house as quickly as he could, because I am ridiculously impatient.
2. He learned how to drive my manual transmission S-10 pickup in about 2 days.
3. He's still friends with me, even though I was the worst junior prom date of all time.
4. He was able to get better grades in AP US History by turning in candy with his homework.
5. He, as well as 2 of our friends, agreed to squish into a Radio Flyer wagon with me and ride down a hill. We have scars to prove it.
6. He busted into my algebra class junior year to tell me that I got an A in chemistry.
7. Speaking of chemistry, he once survived a lab accident of epic proportions. Ask one of us about this.
8. While Luke was in Peoria for a summer, Ross played Nintendo with me for hours EVERYDAY to keep me company.
9. He was the usher, florist, and church decorator at our wedding. Additionally, without Ross, our wedding might not have ever happened. See #1 of this post.
10. He convinced me to eat 40 McNuggets and SuperSized Fries with him on a drive from Chicago to Champaign. My arteries still hurt. I don't know why this counts as something that makes Ross great.

Good luck with the "test burn," Leon.

1 comments:

SmoothRT said...

How did I miss this post all about me? I think this is the nicest blog entry anyone has ever written about. me. Always the perfectionist I am, a few minor corrections:

1. I don't think I was getting Stratego, I think it was a different board game.

3. Granted, I only went to one junior prom, but I highly doubt you were the worst date ever. I have heard some pretty bad prom horror stories (the 1999 Scott & Peckium Prom), so oour's wasn't so bad.

5. I was not in the wagon, I was pulling the wagon. Ergo, I am responsible for the crash that scarred everyone.

8. It wasn't just Nintendo; it was also Civil War Stratego, Texas Hold'em for cereal, and Gin.

9. Yes, I suggested you live in Snyder and had that not happened you might have never met Luke. But I totally played a role much later too. You two were not officially dating until after Luke and I were roommates. I should get some credit for being that link to progress the relationship.

10. Stupid 50 McNuggets.... gross