Oh boy, Seattle.


Since Amazon is taking care of all of our moving details, packing, etc., I am left with an empty to-do list. No labels to make, no toxic-chemical-tainted boxes to collect from work, no bulk packing tape to buy. I am a planner with nothing to plan.

So, in place of a "Pre-Seattle to-do List," I present to you my "Seattle to-do List:"

1. Visit Pier 70, home of mine (and my grandma's) favorite season of The Real World. Bonus points if I can get someone to pretend slap me like Stephen slapped Irene before she left the show to due "illness." Lyme disease shlyme disease.

2. Go on a kayak Orca search off of San Juan island with Luke's mom and dad. Obviously purchase Free Willy soundtrack, (featuring the vocal stylings of Michael Jackson AND NKOTB), and upload to iPod prior to trip.

3. Watch a Cubs-Mariners game at Safeco Field. And by Cubs, I mean, 2008 World Series Champions Cubs, because this is obviously their year. Obviously.

4. Sit in an Ancient Control Chair in the Stargate SG-1 exhibit at the Science Fiction Museum. Bonus points if I can use gene therapy to transfer the Ancient Technology Activation gene into my own genome before going AND activate the chair.

5. Pack up our bike panniers with popcorn, sour patch kids, and sno-caps and ride to the Seattle International Film Festival.

6. Set a PR in the Seafair Festival 1/2 Marathon. Bonus points if I win the Seafair Milk Carton Derby.

7. Ski at Whistler-Blackcomb, BC with my dad, brother, sister, and stepmom (who is the world's best skier, I believe) and experience what skiing on something other than garbage-dump-turned-hills is like. While driving the infintessimally small 3.5 hour drive (from where I live to CANADA), realize that the only places I could have driven in that time from State College are Altoona, Pittsburgh, and Harrisburg. Barely.

8. Go to WildWaves theme park/water park and trick Luke into getting on a rollercoaster. Bonus points if he loves it. Which he would. On second thought, take Kristen Grace and Matt instead. In 2006, we conquered WildCat at Hershey Park and the horrific migraines that followed. Bring it.

9. Keep an accurate account of precipitation in State College, Chicago, and Seattle, to finally prove, once and for all, that Seattle is not the rainiest place on earth. Not even close, folks.

10. Hit up Pacific Place mall with BFF Lisa and spend our husbands' money at Tiffany's, Coach, Restoration Hardware, and Williams-Sonoma. You seriously can never have too many pink silicone spatulas.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.