Seattle To-Do List, Recap



I've gotten numerous requests (mostly complaints) about my blog recently. We've been in Seattle for about 2 months now, and no posts to speak of. A few people have asked how the To-Do List is coming along, and here is the current status:

1. Visit Pier 70, home of Real World: Seattle.

DONE. I was hoping to sneak in and take a picture of myself in the confessional room, or maybe call my Grandma from the phone lounge where Nathan Blackburn got yelled at nightly by Stephanie, his long-distance girlfriend. Unfortunately, it has been converted into the Waterfront Seafood Grill, the ridiculously overpriced 2007 Washington Restaurant of the Year.

I wasn't able to score bonus points by getting someone to pretend slap me Irene/Stephen style, but I did get horribly pooped on by a seagull. Way worse, if you ask me.

2. Go on a kayak Orca search off of San Juan island with Luke's mom and dad. Obviously purchase Free Willy soundtrack, (featuring the vocal stylings of Michael Jackson AND NKOTB), and upload to iPod prior to trip.

INCOMPLETE. This has been temporarily moved to the Summer 2009 To-Do List, when the weather is once again warm enough to kayak.

One interesting thing, however... At the time that I wrote this, NKOTB was still a faded memory, known only to 20-something girls and their parents. Weeks later, I was horrified to see the New Kids (now about 48 years old) video, in which they get dance with barely-bikinied teenagers. I am still really, really grossed out.

3. Watch a Cubs-Mariners game at Safeco Field.

INCOMPLETE. Ross says the Cubs don't really ever play the Mariners during regular season play. He's usually right about these things.

4-9. INCOMPLETE. We've only been here for 2 months... give me a break.

10. Hit up Pacific Place mall with BFF Lisa and spend our husbands' money at Tiffany's, Coach, Restoration Hardware, and Williams-Sonoma. You seriously can never have too many pink silicone spatulas.

DONE, PLUS. Lisa and Mike came to visit us, and it was amazing. We went to Baskin Robbins (Gold Medal Ribbon X 4), REI (Lisa and I obviously need more fleece jackets), Pike's Place Market, Pacific Place Mall, See's Candies (You get a free sample just for going in. Word.), watched the Illini game, ate a lot of pizza, chips and fat-free onion dip, and about 4lbs of red grapes.

0 comments: