5 years

5 years ago today at Twin City Bible Church in sweet Urbana, Illinois, Luke and I were married. In those 5 years, we've lived in 3 states, 6 houses, driven 3 different cars, brought home two really weird but cute cats, and one beautiful daughter.

As we held hands that freakishly warm January day, we promised to love, comfort, and keep each other, for better or worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, forever.

And through my worst of emotional breakdowns, my stupidest of meanest things I've ever said, my circus-peanut-paying jobs, my pregnancy, my awful tendency to say things I really don't mean at 3am before a nighttime Leah feeding, and many many more ridiculous things...

Luke is still here, still loves me, and has a wonderful wonderful ability to forget all of those stupid things. Not just forgive me, but actually forget that it happened at all.

I hope that God has a man like Luke in mind for my Leah.

0 comments: