Joy Resolution #7 - Inside Everyday

My BFF Lisa just reminded me that I've been woefully neglecting these. Seems a little bit silly that I would resolve to do these everyday, and not even make the time to write about them.

Most of the rest of the resolutions have been written, and are just waiting their turn to be posted. I just got stuck on this one. And it's not because I don't know what to say, or that I don't have enough time to write it.

It's simply that I suck at this one (stink with a u.) And I feel like a big phony writing about something that I stink with a u at so much. Writing about going outside everyday wasn't a big deal. I do get myself outside almost everyday, and if I don't, it's not that bad. But this resolution IS very important to me. And I still am horrible about it.

So what's the resolution that I stink with a u at? Prayer. Since Leah has been here, I find myself praying more, although mostly desperate prayers for sleep, relief, etc. But I can't remember the last time I thanked God that Leah fell asleep easily, or just thanked God for letting me raise and spend time with his beautiful daughter. (okay, I just did after I wrote that.) I've always been envious of those who speak of a continuous conversation with God, but even a few quick voicemails from me to God would be a huge improvement.

I'm working on it.

0 comments: