Dear Gym Teachers...
Dear Mr.Voltz, Mrs.Ropers, Ms.Janus, Mr.Staudt, Miss Vermiglio, & Mr.Roe,
I'm really sorry for being such a gym class weenie. It must have been really annoying for you when I walked most of the mile or 12 minute run during fitness testing, spaced out in right field during softball, made up lame excuses for why I shouldn't have to swim, always chose badminton as my fitness day activity, and refused to learn to serve a volleyball overhand.
Mr. Roe, you told me that one day, I'd be that woman who goes to the gym on her lunchbreaks and has weirdly coordinating running outfits. Well guess what? You're wrong. The running outfits that I wear on the treadmill at lunch never match.
To make it up to all of you, I plan to run the Mardi Gras Half Marathon this Sunday. It should take me about 2 hours, which should more than compensate for 8 sucky 12-minute runs, and several presidential fitness test miles.
Sincerely,
Jen
P.S. Mr. Staudt, I still can't serve a volleyball overhand, and I do, in fact, get made fun of for it at family picnics and corporate events. You were right.
Subscribe by RSS