Lies. All lies. Part deux.


A while back, I was disheartened (at best) to find that Quaker instant oatmeal is a sham (at best).

Today, I find out that Nestle, B(D)reyer's, and Edy's have been scamming me as well. Obviously, I was sad to hear that raw Toll-House cookie dough is off-limits for the foreseeable future. But this is not what shocked me. This is:

"The recall does not include Dreyer's or Edy's ice cream products with Nestle Toll House 'cookie dough' ingredients. That's because the 'dough' in ice cream is not really dough at all; it is cooked." - Nestle, via CNN

What the crap. Since 1991, I've been eating cookie dough ice cream, thinking I was being all rebellious and eating raw cookie dough even though my dad (and now my husband) warned me not to. And now I find out I've just been eating "cookie ice cream"? That's hardly a wild and crazy thing to do.

At least I still have unnaturally-brightly-orange Kraft Mac and Cheese... That can't possibly be safe. My rebel status is still intact.

0 comments: